In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the SportStars Youth Soccer athletic/sports program, related events, and
Community Sports Partners - Youth and Adult activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline, may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Community Sports Partners - Youth and Adult, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ('Releasees'), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
5. I grant permission to SportStars to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audiotape, and to use this material to promote SportStars, Community Sports Partners, and/or Mississauga Soccer through newsletters, websites, social media, television, film, radio, print and/or display form. I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials for these purposes.
6. In addition, I understand and agree to the following Venue Rules and that failure to comply may result in ejection from the venue and/or program without refund:
- Parents, guardians, spectators, and all other non-player and non-coach persons are not permitted onto the playing surface.
- As parent/guardian, I am responsible for my child as well as any additional spectators/supporters I bring to SportStars sessions/venues.
- Non-players are not to engage with the coaches at any time during the session/practice/game. Any inquiries, comments, or concerns should be directed to administrative staff or field supervisors.
- Absolutely no dogs or other pets are permitted inside of outdoor or indoor facilities.
- Language should be appropriate and constructive when inside SportStars facilities, including when addressing players, coaches, staff, and other parents/spectators.
- No snacks or drinks (other than water) are permitted inside venues.
- It is expected that anyone who is ill, or displaying symptoms of illness, stay home.
By registering and/or participating with SportStars, I -- as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant -- do consent and agree to their release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.